Arizona State University Alumni Association will host the Sun Devil 100, an awards celebration dedicated to honoring the university’s alumni business leaders and entrepreneurs, on Wednesday, April 27, in Old Main on the university’s Tempe campus. The event, formerly known as Sun Devil Select, will spotlight the achievements of Sun Devil-owned and Sun Devil-led businesses.
ASU has an incredible history of entrepreneurship and leadership from its students and alumni that spans many industries and locations. The awards program was instituted to invite innovative leaders back to campus for a celebration in their honor. The induction ceremony will be moderated by Ray Schey, publisher of the Phoenix Business Journal.
Honorees will have the opportunity to connect with each other, meet with the deans of their respective colleges, visit classrooms, and network with current ASU students and aspiring entrepreneurs.
“The ASU Alumni Association has selected alumni and organizations from across the country that qualify to receive this award,” said Christine K. Wilkinson, president and CEO of the Alumni Association. “These are organizations that demonstrate innovation, growth and entrepreneurial spirit.”
The following alumni will be honored at the 2016 Sun Devil 100 event.
- Aaron Blau, president of The Blau Company, LTD, a Tempe-based accounting firm that specializes in consultation, income tax preparation, tax representation, and other accounting services.
- Adam B. Harrington is the CFO and safety director of HB Construction, a company that focuses on delivering excellence in complex renovations and new construction.
- Bob Boscamp is the president of Power Parasol, a Chandler-based company that builds solar shade structures.
- Brian Connolly is the founder and managing principal of Victus Advisors, which provides objective research, analysis, and planning services for the sports, entertainment, and recreation industries.
- Burt Rapoport is president of the award-winning Rapoport's Restaurant Group, Inc., located in Boca-Raton, Fla., which provides establishments with different types of cuisine to please every palate.
- Charles “Reagan” Jackson is partner in CEO Etc., a Texas-based information and technology services company that provides services in the computer, communications, security, and electronics industry sectors.
- Clarence McAllister is the CEO of Fortis Networks, Inc., a local Phoenix business that provides engineering, construction, and technology services.
- Cody Sperber is the CEO of the Clever Investor, a Chandler-based real estate and investment education company that focuses on designing educational software for aspiring investors.
- David Glanzrock serves as the assistant vice president at Title365, a premier provider of title insurance and escrow services.
- Jennifer Kaplan is the founder and owner of Evolve Public Relations and Marketing, a Scottsdale-based public relations and marketing firm.
- Jody James Watkins is the CEO, president, and founder of Watkins Landmark Construction, a company that offers preconstruction, general contracting, construction management and design/build services.
- Kathleen Duffy Ybarra is the president of the Duffy Group, Inc., a Phoenix-based company that represents and recruits for a variety of national and international clients.
- Matthew Michalowski is the president and owner of PXL Bros, a full-service digital agency that specializes in web, mobile, social media, and application development.
- Michael Hawksworth is the president of MSS Technologies, a business management company.
- Michael P.W. Kyle is the CEO of NOVA 42, FPC, an after-school tutoring and learning academy that provides a real-world approach to communication and education.
- Nathan Policar is the president of STATBROADCAST, a Tempe-based sports statistics company that provides a statistics technology and media relations partner for athletic programs and events.
- Scott Kaufmann is the president of the Lucid Agency, a Tempe-based digital marketing and technology company.
- Steve and Stacy Luhrs are the co-founders, president and Chief Design Officer of Bionic Pet Products Inc., now a division of Outward Hound, an Irvine, Calif.-based company that creates durable dog toys and other pet supplies.
- Tina Nunziato is the co-owner and co-founder of Dr. Liz Cruz Partners in Digestive Health practice based in Phoenix.
For more information on the Sun Devil 100 event, or to RSVP, visit http://bit.ly/1RPaTPn.