Outstanding Graduate Award
ASU Alumni presents its Outstanding Graduate Award to a high-performing graduate in each college. Individual schools and colleges are responsible for selecting their unit's honoree. The award is presented during honors convocations for each school/college.
The award is presented in the name of the Alumni Association during the colleges' honors convocations. The Alumni Association has established the following guidelines:
The student selected must:
- have a minimum GPA of 3.25
- complete the requirements for his or her undergraduate or graduate degree during the 2020-2021 academic year and no later than May 2021.
- attend University Undergraduate Commencement
- college extracurricular activities considered
- community activities considered
Please note that only an undergraduate student is eligible for this award and only one student may be selected from each college. The selected student must graduate in the 2020-2021 academic year and complete his or her degree by May 2021.
Each college, through the dean or the selection committee, may determine more specific criteria for judging the outstanding graduate, as long as they do not conflict with the criteria listed above. Please forward a copy of any additional criteria instituted by your college when you submit your Outstanding Graduate to us.
- Fax (480-965-0225), mail (mail code 3702), or email Maria Symington completed application with the recipient’s information to Maria Symington at the ASU Alumni Association by March 22, 2021.
- Names not submitted to the alumni association by the above deadline will not be included in the commencement program.
- The Alumni office will provide a certificate to be presented to the student at his or her convocation. The certificate will be delivered prior to your convocation to the person you indicate on the application form.
- Each college is responsible for selecting the award presenter. Presentation may be made by the dean, alumni chapter president, or other appropriate faculty or staff. If you would like an Alumni Association representative to present, please contact Maria Symington.