- Discover Iceland’s remarkable natural history and rich cultural heritage on this 11-day small group tour that traverses an astonishing land.
- Encounter the Snaefellsnes Peninsula’s stupendous scenery – its vast lava field, fishing villages, bizarre rock formations, and nesting cliff birds.
- Call on a farm featuring famed Icelandic horses en route to the charming northern capital, Akureyri. Witness one of the world’s natural wonders, Lake Myvatn, with its mud flats, lava fields, and lunar-like volcanic craters.
- Experience the incredible Glacial River Canyon National Park, jaw-dropping Dettifoss – Iceland’s “Niagara” – and massive Asbyrgi canyon.
- Embark on a dramatic bird-watching cruise with the opportunity to see thousands of seabirds.
- Marvel at Godafoss, “waterfall of the gods.” Visit fascinating Thingvellir National Park, site of a historic parliament, and picturesque Seljalandfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls.
- Tour the Skogar Folk Museum and view Hellisheidi Power Plant’s geothermal exhibit. Conclude your journey with two nights in Iceland’s sophisticated capital, Reykjavik.
Did you know : The Dettifloss waterfall is the most powerful in Europe; an average of 96,500 gallons of water crosses its bow every single second!