Welcome to the ASU Black Alumni chapter!
ASUBA Presents: The Black Business Guide 2021
The ASU Black Alumni Board would like to invite you to add your Black Owned Business to our New Year 2021 Guide. If you have a Black Owned Business and would like to be added to our guide that blasts to over 2,000 other Black Alumni members. Please fill out the link https://na.eventscloud.com/591578 to register.
The mission of the Arizona State University Black Alumni is to facilitate an all-inclusive network among ASU alumni, students and faculty to advance the interests and needs of our community. We participate in acts of volunteerism and kindness, recognize achievements from alumni and other African Americans in the community, promote retention and recruitment of Arizona State University students, and in doing so create awareness and leadership.
Who we are
The Arizona State University Black Alumni (ASUBA) is an official affiliate group of the Arizona State University Alumni Association that is committed to enhancing the ASU experience for African-American, African, black non-African-descent, black Caribbean and black Latin ASU alumni and students. ASUBA was established in 2008 by a group of dedicated alumni who identified a need to continue nurturing the success of the black community within and beyond the university. Educational forums, positive impact in the community, a professional network, the advancement of student and alumni interests, and scholarship funding can be attributed to the efforts of the ASUBA .
- Facilitate a high level of volunteerism that allows the entire ASU family and the community at large to continue to benefit from a diversity of interests, talents and backgrounds.
- Encourage investment in and support of the university's pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and service.
- Engage former, current and future ASU students in a network that connects them to the university and each other through effective and rewarding events.
- Design and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan for the Black Alumni Society Scholarship Fund and other humanitarian initiatives.
- Build upon meaningful traditions and dynamic accomplishments.
Quick ASUBA facts
- ASUBA was established in September 2008, founded by Kimberlee (Elliott) Avant, Class of 2000.
- Inaugural board members: Kimberlee (Elliott) Avant, Regis Crawford, Marques Elliott, Steven Schaeffer
- Inaugural chairs: Anthony McDonald, Vernetra Young
Want to get involved?
We're looking for ASU alumni who are interested in getting involved in a leadership role with the chapter. If you are interested in helping to plan upcoming events and continue the growth and success of our chapter, please email us at ASUBAlumni@gmail.com.
Assist our scholarship fund
We all remember what it was like to struggle in college! Whether you graduated in 1950 or 2015, you know tuition, books and fees add up. Something as small as $50 will help our students in school. Please make an online donation to the ASUBA.
*Your donation may be considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions. Funds will be deposited with the ASU Black Alumni Chapter of the ASU Alumni Association.