Each year, the ASU Alumni Association selects leaders of organizations from around the world that demonstrate innovation, growth and entrepreneurial spirit. Chosen honorees are invited back to campus in the spring to be recognized. Honorees will have the opportunity to connect with each other, meet with ASU leaders and deans and interact with aspiring student entrepreneurs.
To be considered, a business leader must follow these guidelines:
- The company must operate in a manner consistent with the ASU Charter in the areas of inclusion, impact on public good and responsibility to the community:
- ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
- The company must be Sun Devil-owned or led (owned by an ASU graduate or led in an executive position by an ASU graduate).
- The company must have generated verifiable revenues of $250,000 (minimum) or more in each of these calendar years: 2015, 2016, 2017; or each of these fiscal years ending in: 2015, 2016, 2017.
- The company must have been in business for at least three calendar years: 2015, 2016, 2017; or three fiscal years ending in: 2015, 2016, 2017.
Eligible companies will be ranked by the compound annual growth rate from revenues over calendar and fiscal years 2015, 2016 and 2017. After these calculations, eligible companies will be listed by growth rate from the highest to the lowest. The top 100 fastest-growing companies will be honored with induction into the Sun Devil 100 Class of 2019. Rankings will be announced at the Sun Devil 100 luncheon on April 29, 2019.