This incredible nine-day journey introduces you to the unique Galápagos Islands, a nature lover’s dream destination and UNESCO World Heritage site, with a four-night cruise aboard the first-class small ship Santa Cruz II. This exploration vessel is fully equipped to make your Galápagos experience remarkable. Highlights Include:
- Fleet of Zodiacs and a glass-bottom boat to certified onboard naturalists and complimentary snorkeling gear.
- Visit four distinct islands to observe the exotic birds, animals and plants that inspired Charles Darwin, including species unknown anywhere else in the world. With few natural predators on the islands, the abundant wildlife is nearly fearless and receptive to up-close human interaction.
- You can snorkel alongside tropical penguins and playful sea lions, and almost touch spiny-backed iguanas.
- On mainland Ecuador, enjoy deluxe hotel accommodations in Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage site. See its colonial churches and stand with one foot in either hemisphere at the Equator.
- The Pre-Tour Option includes one night in Quito and two nights in a private Ecuadorian rainforest reserve eco lodge. The six-night Post-Tour Option features Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, Lima and Cuzco.