On this once-in-a-lifetime journey, experience Egypt’s splendid cultural heritage and eternal allure. Contemplate the Great Pyramid in Giza and the enigmatic Sphinx. Highlights Include:
- In Cairo, explore the Egyptian Museum’s dazzling treasures, discover its mosques, churches and synagogues, and revel in the old bazaar’s hubbub.
- Fly to Luxor and sail by felucca boat to the impressive Luxor Temple. Journey to the intriguing Valleys of the Kings and Queens.
- At the Oriental Institute’s Chicago House, learn about their meticulous epigraphic survey work.
- Then embark on a luxury Nile cruise to tour the temples of Karnak, Edfu and Kom Ombo. See Aswan’s High Dam and fly to Abu Simbel to witness Ramses’ colossal temple.
- Discuss what you are most curious about with your Egyptologist, a gifted, licensed professional who accompanies you on all excursions.
- While cruising, enjoy deluxe accommodations and generous meals, including wine with dinner. This nine-night, small-group program includes a Travel Director, four nights in a deluxe Cairo hotel and an overnight first-class hotel stay in Luxor.