A land of treasures archaeological, cultural, and natural, Peru draws those eager to learn about the distant past – and encounter a fascinating present of colonial and indigenous influences. As your small group of just 24 guests takes in some of the country’s highlights – Cuzco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca – marvel at this intriguing land’s riches.
- Begin your 11-day Peruvian discovery with a tour of the capital, Lima, including treasured Casa Aliaga, one of Lima’s oldest homes (ca. 1535), and Larco Herrera Museum’s unparalleled ceramics collection.
- Next, fly to historic Cuzco and tour the sacred sites of Koricancha and Santo Domingo before proceeding to the beautiful Sacred Valley, where you visit Pisac’s colorful Indian market, Ollantaytambo’s massive ruins, and indigenous villages. Continue on to Machu Picchu – the stunning “Lost City of the Incas” and a UNESCO site.
- Make two guided visits to these enigmatic ruins, staying overnight at a nearby hotel and enjoying prime viewing opportunities before the crowds arrive. Return to Cuzco for touring, including the ruins of Sacsayhuamán, an Incan masterpiece, then have lunch in a gracious family’s home.
- Travel through Peru’s scenic altiplano with its snow-capped mountains and remote villages to Lake Titicaca, one of the world’s highest navigable lakes. Spend a full day exploring here, boarding a boat to the Uros people’s Floating Islands made of reeds, and Isla Taquile, known for superb locally crafted textiles.
- Discover amazing flora, fauna, and villages on an optional 4-day/4-night post-tour extension to the Amazon rainforest.