To be eligible for the Sun Devil 100 Class of 2020, the following criteria must be met:
- The company must operate in a manner consistent with the ASU Charter in the areas of inclusion, impact on public good and responsibility to the community:
ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
- The company must be Sun Devil-owned or led (owned by an ASU graduate or led in an executive position by an ASU graduate).
- The company must have generated verifiable revenues of $250,000 (minimum) or more in each of these calendar years: 2016, 2017, 2018; or each of these fiscal years ending in: 2016, 2017, 2018.
- The company must have been in business for at least three calendar years: 2016, 2017, 2018; or three fiscal years ending in: 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Note: Eligible companies will be ranked by the compound annual growth rate from revenues over calendar and fiscal years 2016, 2017 and 2018. After these calculations, eligible companies will be listed by growth rate from the highest to the lowest. The top 100 fastest-growing companies will be honored with induction into the Sun Devil 100 Class of 2020. Rankings will be announced at the Sun Devil 100 luncheon in April 2020.
To successfully submit your application, please follow these instructions:
- Fill out the form below as completely as possible.
- To verify sales or revenues (net of returns), please send to Henry + Horne — the Sun Devil 100 third-party CPA firm — copies of financial statements that are either compiled, reviewed or audited by a third party CPA (including related “Accountant’s Report” from the CPA), or copies of pages 1–4 of the company’s tax return for calendar years 2016, 2017, 2018 or fiscal years ending in 2016, 2017, 2018. Note: If submitting business tax returns, please submit only the first four (4) pages. If submitting an individual tax return, please include Schedule C. You can black out social security numbers. Financial information will be kept confidential and H+H will only communicate top-line growth percentages to the ASU team. Financial information will be destroyed properly after awards are determined. Please send your sales and revenue information as per the above, to:
Email: Jaimi Koechel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Mail: Henry+Horne, 2055 E. Warner Rd., Suite 101, Tempe, AZ 85284
Application deadline: This deadline for submission is 5 p.m., Monday, Nov. 25, 2019.
For more details on the Sun Devil 100 awards program, please visit: https://alumni.asu.edu/sd100. If you need assistance, please contact Tonya Gray at 480-965-0093.
Confidentiality and verification notice: If your company is named to the Sun Devil 100, the following information may be published in the Phoenix Business Journal and in other articles and media releases: Sun Devil 100 ranking, company name, year founded, company address, business description, website, number of employees, growth rate, name/degree/college/class year(s) of ASU owner(s)/leader(s), and a statement as required on the application below. For Sun Devil 100 companies, all other information will be kept confidential.
For applicants not selected as a Sun Devil 100 company, all information submitted will be kept confidential. Applications and supporting information will not be returned to the applicant. The ASU Alumni Association reserves the right to verify that nominees meet the criteria, and also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any nominee for any reason. The Sun Devil 100-nominated company must operate in a manner consistent with the ASU Charter and in keeping with the values and image of ASU.
The ASU Alumni Association has partnered with Henry+Horne as the official third-party accountant of the Sun Devil 100 program. By clicking "Yes," applicants agree to abide by the rules set forth for the Sun Devil 100 awards program. Applicants also agree to attest that the information reported in this form and supplied in the supporting information is true and correct and that they understand the Confidentiality and Verification notice.
Note: If multiple people are being nominated from the same company, each must complete a separate application.