Founders' Day Faculty Teaching Award Nomination Form
The Faculty Teaching Award will be presented to an ASU faculty member who delivers an educational experience that is impactful, and contributes to the overall learning of students. The award is presented at the annual Founders’ Day Dinner celebration on March 16, 2017 at the Arizona Biltmore.
Since the teaching awards primarily recognize excellence and professional accomplishment, a nominee is judged by:
- Service as a full-time ASU faculty member for at least five (5) years.
- Knowledge of field.
- Presentation of subject matter.
- Ability to motivate students and stimulate interest in nominee’s field.
- Ability to engage students in classroom participation.
- Student evaluations.
- Evidence of mentoring students.
- Participation in professional organizations, including offices held.
All applicants must submit the following as one document in order to be considered for the award:
- A minimum of two (2) maximum of six (6) letters of recommendation including one from students, faculty, and alumni.
- A vita/résumé of the nominee